An Assistant Manager is being recruited to assist the Garden Centre Manager in the running of the garden centre. When the Garden Centre Manager is absent, the Assistant Manager is responsible for the productivity of the centre and the management of day-to-day operations of the site.
The Assistant Manager will be expected to form strong working relations with all team members on site, from junior part-time staff through to the Senior Management Team, helping all team members to achieve their objectives and adhere to company policies.
The Assistant Manager will be expected to effectively manage the site in the absence of the manager, including training and delegating tasks and workload, through to assisting with disciplinary issues and communications.
An Assistant Manager is expected to have excellent product knowledge and exemplary customer service skills, with the ability to use these skills to maintain a comfortable, professional, efficient, and successful working environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A practical and hands-on approach to Garden Centre management and retailing
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to form relationships with employees of all levels, ages and experience
- A* customer service skills and the desire to go the extra mile for the customer
- A high degree of professionalism – especially in difficult situations
- Solving problem skills and the ability to deal with issues as they arrive
- 3 years previous retail management experience
- Visual Merchandising skills, experience and passion – focussing on giftware, homeware and Christmas
- Confidence in handling cash and other daily administrative tasks
- The ability to drive performance maximising commercial potential
- Team working skills
- Health & Safety awareness and knowledge of implementation
- Full Time Position
- Permanent Position
- Will include weekend work
- Salary DOE
- Requires own transport as centre not on a bus route
To apply for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to Robert O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th February 2021